If a defect occurs in any Waterco product during the warranty period, Waterco will at its discretion, repair the product or replace and install the defective part, free of charge provided that the defect results solely from poor workmanship or materials and subject to these terms and conditions.
Labour is covered by this warranty for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase or installation, within a 25 km (15 miles) radius of an authorized Waterco Service Agent. The purchaser is responsible for any freight incurred.
Warranties are valid only within the original country of purchase. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law [applicable only to Australian States and Territories]. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
All products sold by Waterco are covered by a one year warranty. All warranty periods commence on the date of purchase by the end user.
The provisions of this warranty are not transferable and are in addition to and not in modification of or subtraction from any applicable statutory warranties, rights or remedies.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law Waterco excludes all liability it may have to the purchaser for indirect, special or consequential loss arising from or related to any defect in any Waterco product, or any act or omission, including negligence of Waterco, including, but not limited to, loss of business, loss of profit, loss of revenue, lost opportunity, inconvenience, and damage to any property other than the Waterco product.
To the extent permitted by law, Waterco excludes all other conditions, guarantees, liabilities or representations that are not expressly set out in this agreement. These terms and conditions do not attempt to exclude, restrict or modify any applicable statutory rights, or any exercise of any statutory rights, or any liability imposed on Waterco by any law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010), if to do so would contravene that law or make any part of these terms and conditions void.
To the extent permitted by law, Waterco excludes all conditions and warranties implied into these terms and conditions and limits its liability for breach of any such condition or warranty that it cannot exclude to the greater of (at Waterco’s option);
- for goods:
• Repairing or replacing those goods; or
• Paying the cost of having those goods repaired or replaced; and
- for services:
• Resupplying the services; or
• Paying the cost of having those services resupplied.
CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
This warranty only applies where:
- The products requiring installation have been sold with installation included and have been installed by a licenced plumber, electrician or person who has completed an accredited course in swimming pool care and maintenance or a person with more than 12 months on the job learning or a person supervised by one of these people, in accordance with any written installation instructions provided.
- The products have been installed and operated in accordance with written instructions supplied by Waterco;
- The purchaser is able to provide proof of purchase that specifies the date of purchase;
- The product has been serviced or maintained regularly. (at least once a month).
- Any pool and spa equipment has been used in water:a. With a temperature not exceeding 40 degrees Celsius;
b. With a pH range maintained between 7.2 – 7.6;
c. That has been chemically balanced in accordance with the Langelier saturation index within a range of -0.2 to + 0.2 to ensure that it is not corrosive or scale forming;
d. That is not salt water (other than mild saline water conditions which are compatible with swimming pool salt water chlorination systems) – unless otherwise stated by Waterco in both the respective product labels and brochures that it is suitable for seawater applications; and
e. That has been regularly treated with a sanitizing system using bromine, chlorine in one of its compound forms, or generated in-situ, in concentrations (doses) recommended by the relative state or territory health departments. (In areas outside of Australia please refer to the local health department recommendations before use);
All repairs and replacements shall be carried out by Waterco or its authorized service dealer, unless otherwise authorized in writing by Waterco.
- If an authorized service dealer is not available within 25 km (15 miles) of the purchaser’s area: • The purchaser must contact the place of purchase or Waterco for further instructions and; • The purchaser is responsible for any freight or infield labour costs.
Monday - Friday: 9.00 - 17:00
WATERCO Head Office
36 South Street,
Rydalmere, NSW 2116, Australia